“Marriages are made in heaven” I have been hearing this phrase for a while but I have no idea how true is that. These days I have been receiving couple of marriage invitations from my friends. Every time I see their invitation the only urge I have is to know who my future partner is. After all it’s so great to find that one special person I want to annoy for the rest of my life. I don’t know whether I will be able to attend all of my friends’ wedding or not but this post is dedicated to all my friends who are married and about to get married, since your invitation remains the inspiration for this article.
Yes you are right I would like to marry a marketer. Let me tell you why?
1. Brand Promotion: All the good things (though small) I do for her will be promoted in a big picture since marketers are trained to do so. And all the bad & mean things I do (though big) will also be projected as positive. So whatever I do I still remain a good husband and a good son-in-law for my in-laws .
2. Accepting Criticism: As a marketer, she would have faced lots of critics and negative feedbacks for her marketing strategies and brand failure. After all marketers are trained to accept failures. So even if I criticize her for the work she has done, she would accept it without pinpointing me.
3. Listening skills: I believe this should be the first point of all. Marketers are trained to have good listening skills so that they can listen to customers without interrupting while he is speaking. Which husband won’t love this? I will be the happiest one, since I will speak and she will listen.
4. Right decisions: I can always get right decisions in all circumstances, like whether its right time for me to launch a new product (Yeah ofcourse!Baby) or not. You know! As a marketer she is experienced in conducting surveys and feedbacks from the target audience.
5. Free T-shirts. There are lot of marketer’s meet and conferences out there, and she will get a pile of free T-shirts for me. So don’t need to spend huge bucks for them!
6. Sponsorship: Marketers are known to sponsor the events, programs or anything for that matter to attract the interest of the target audience. So I don’t need to spend huge bucks for any sort of outings. She will be the official sponsor yaar! After all she ought to attract my interest.
7. Smiling Face: A marketer is always trained not to get frustrated at any instance even if he/she is handling an irate customer. So when I am angry on her and scold her for any reason she will still be smiling at me and won’t hit me back like other girls out there. I am safe!
8. Brand Image: She will fight with my every competitor (other son-in-laws) to maintain my brand image in the market (maternity home). Even though she knows that I am a dumb idiot, she will brag about me all the time. How sweet! That’s Love… Sorry! Marketer’s love 😛
9. Brand extension: As a marketer she would obviously be knowing PLC (product life cycle) and thus can understand the fact that however a product declines after the stage of maturity and thus the brand need to be extended or else promoted with some good offers to the consumers. She will extend her brand and introduce new product line (sisters, cousins, and friends) to me to get my interest back in her brand. (I bet every boy would love to marry a marketing girl for this reason alone)
10. Pilot Study: Every marketer is supposed to do a pilot study before starting a new project, and that’s the rule of the game! The result of the pilot study will be either of the below 3.
Accept the project
Reject the project
Improve the project
In my case, whatever the outcome is, I am benefitted…!
I hope the article is not teasing any particular gender.The above post is written with some sense of humour and with strong hope. Ofcourse!the same applies to the male marketer.
If you wish to write for us then kindly check this.