The 5 main differences between the advertisement and publicity. Here it is!
1) Advertisement comes with a price attached to it where Publicity comes free of cost.
2) Advertisement is under the control of the company whereas publicity is out of control for the company.
3) Advertising is all about the message that you convey about your company, whereas publicity is all about what others say about your company.
4) Advertising contains always positive message since it is paid by the company whereas publicity could be either positive or negative.
5) Advertising is targeted to the specific audience whereas the same is not in the case of publicity.